Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dahi Vada/Dahi Bhalle

I think these days I am in a mood of procrastinating making food from scratch, and I attribute all the laziness to lack of time as all my time goes to the MBA. 

:D Well so I made Dahi Bhalle this time using the Gits Mix for Dahi Vada



So here is what I used: 
Gits Mix for Dahi Vada - 1 pack
Salt, to Taste
Tamarind - 10-20gram
Sugar - 2 tsp
Yogurt (Curd) Natural
Red Pepper - to taste
Fresh Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder - 2 tbsp

To make: 

For Vada (Bhalle): I followed the water measurement and recipe from Gits as it is. Then I soaked the final Bhalle in water for 5 sec to stain the excess oil. At this stage, I quickly take them out and press with my palm to ensure that no water stays back. 

Finally laid down 6-7 pieces in a tray.

For the curd, I beat the curd into a uniform consistency and add salt to it as per taste. 

For the tamarind, I soaked the tamarind in a bowl of water for 15-20 minutes. Post that, the tamarind becomes soft and I removed the seeds. Then I added salt, sugar, red pepper and 1 tbsp roasted cumin seeds powder to it. 

To serve: I pulled back the tray with bhalle, covered them nicely with beaten yogurt and finally splashed the tamarind chutney all over. 

So we are ready to go. Bon appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment