Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Guacamole

I received this wonderful recipe from my dear friend Bethany :-) This reminds me of a story that I read during the MBA of an American gifting a chocolate recipe to a European and finally this guy made a huge company. Unfortunately my little memory has forgotten the name of this company, but I am sure you get the idea. A simple recipe as a gift can do wonders ;-) 

So lets start. I must admit I have made some changes to the original recipe and altered it to my taste, and I completely loved the end product. 

What I used for this: 
2 ripe (and not overripe) guacamole
1 clove garlic crushed
1 green onion (finely chopped)
cilantro or fresh coriander - 7-8 twigs with stems and finely chopped
Creme Fraiche - around 3-4 tbsp (In case you dont have this, this can easily be replaced with fresh thick milk cream or malai)
Salt - 3 tsp
Red Chilli - 1 tsp
black pepper powder - 1 tsp
1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice

To make it, 
I added the chopped onion, garlic, cilantro to a bowl. Then I carefully scrapped the fruit out of the avocado. This was my first time that I dealt with the fruit and used an online video to understand how to cut it. The trick is simple - this fruit should not be peeled as then you can lose a lot of flesh with the skin. So the best is to carefully slit it into two halves. Then pop the seed out, and make vertical and horizontal cuts across the flesh of the fruit. Be careful and dont hurt yourself while doing so. Finally scoop the fruit out with a spoon and add to the bowl. 

Now I added the cream fraiche, salt, red chilli and black pepper, and gave it a nice mix with a spoon. Finally added the lime juice and stirred again. 

Guacamole is ready, and I love to eat it as a spread on my sandwich, or with nachos/chips. Hope you will like it :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment